Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
Latest posts by CountingToTen (see all)
- Raising Money for Medical Bills – July 18, 2014
- The Ultimate Travel Tote with 5-hour ENERGY® Shots #ThisIsMySecret #shop #cbias – July 14, 2014
- How Sharing a Coke and a Wagon Help a Sick Kid #ShareItForward #shop #cbias – July 10, 2014
As a family of THREE crazy boys…we’re always looking for something new for our “Forced Family Fun Night”. I was SUPER excited when the idea to introduce my kids to The Three Stooges was discussed. To start this Three Stooges Family Night, we needed to first, do a little shopping.
We rolled up to Smart & Final with a list in hand and searched the aisles for snacks and supplies to make a few goodies.
First…we found the chips. If you haven’t tried the “Snack’rs” brand…you’re missing out! (we picked out the Wavy chips)
With chips in hand…we saw the party mix bags. After careful consideration…we snagged a bag of the original mix.
The next item on our grocery list are almonds (we need these for an almond dip to go with those wavy chips) and cashews for cookies we’re going to make. (please notice the price difference between the Snack’rs brand mixed nuts and the Planters brand). Which would YOU choose?
Next…we need pretzels. We get a bag of regular Snack’rs pretzels and a bag of yogurt covered pretzels.
I won’t show you EVERYTHING that I bought…but, we did walk down every aisle. Now, with a house full of yummy snacks we’ve got to start baking for our Family Night!
Cashew Sour Cream
1 cup Cashews
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tsp lemon juice
1/4 cup of water
dash of salt
dash of onion powder
- Soak one cup of cashews for about 8 hours. (seriously. They will absorb the water and get all puffy and funny looking)
- Then, just add all those puffy cashews and above ingredients into a blender (I used my magic bullet and it worked fantastic!)
- That’s it. You’ve just made a sour cream substitute if you can’t have dairy!
Cream Cheese Almond Dip
8 ounces of cream cheese (softened)
1/2 cup of mayonnaise
1 tablespoon chopped green onions
1/2 teaspoon dried dill weed
dash of black pepper
almonds to cover
- In a bowl, mix all the above ingredients together until mixed well
- Finally, shape the cream cheese and cover with almonds. (keep this in the refrigerator until you are ready to serve)
Sweet Cashew Cookies
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup of butter (softened)
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups of flour
3/4 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 cup of sour cream
1 1/2 cups of cashews
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl beating at a medium speed until creamy and mixed well.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Next, add in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mixing slowly, now mix in the sour cream until all mixed together.
- Now…STIR in the cashews.
- Drop the cookie dough onto ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes (or until golden brown)
1/2 cup of butter
2 cups of powdered sugar
3 tablespoons milk
- Now…we’re making the icing while our cookies cool.
- Melt 1/2 cup of butter on stovetop (about 4-6 minutes, stirring continuously)
- Pour into mixing bowl and let it cool for about 5 minutes.
- THEN, add the other ingredients. Mix well.
- Cover your cookie and top with cashews.
Now that we’ve made a few goodies…it’s time to get out little party started! To make “Forced Family Fun Night” more exciting for the boys…I decided to decorate a little. It’s amazing how a little tissue paper and yummy snacks will get the kids excited about movie night!
With a table full of the most delicious snacks…it’s time to introduce the kid to The Three Stooges. (they think it’s SO funny that it’s in black and white…and I must be SO old to remember these shows!)
We bought our favorite Snack’rs chips, nuts, and pretzels from Smart & Final because we LOVE the price and product. If YOU purchase any TWO participating Snack’rs items from Smart & Final, your receipt will have a special code on it for you to receive a FREE MOVIE ticket!
My boys LOVED The Three Stooges. That was the PERFECT movie for a house full of goof balls! They went to TOWN on the snacks…and even ate the leftovers the next day in their lunches. And those yogurt covered pretzels….Eli thought they were chocolate covered! (perfect!) The boys are actually looking forward to “Forced Family Fun Night” next week…I’m just not sure that I can top this!
Thanks for partying with us! Be sure to check out the Snack’rs selection next time you’re at Smart & Final and get your FREE movie ticket!
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias #CBias . All opinions and photos are my own.