Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
Latest posts by CountingToTen (see all)
- Raising Money for Medical Bills – July 18, 2014
- The Ultimate Travel Tote with 5-hour ENERGY® Shots #ThisIsMySecret #shop #cbias – July 14, 2014
- How Sharing a Coke and a Wagon Help a Sick Kid #ShareItForward #shop #cbias – July 10, 2014
I KNOW that you’re getting ready for fun outside…picnics, going to the park, the beach, having block parties….what are you planning on making??
I have a YUMMY recipe to share with you. Banana Pudding. I know…I know. YOU probably wouldn’t think about taking something with milk, outside in the sun? huh? WELL….when you see how yummy this is…you’ll know that it’s EASY, CHEAP, and makes enough for your family and friends! I headed over to Safeway.com and found this recipe….you’re going to LOVE it! When I was searching for recipes on the website…those were all my criteria (easy, cheap, and large servings….and above all…YUMMY!)
Here’s what you’ll need for this YUMMY banana pudding:
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (5 ounce) package instant vanilla pudding mix
3 cups cold milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
4 bananas, sliced
1/2 (12 ounce) package vanilla wafers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Beat in condensed milk, pudding mix, cold milk and vanilla until smooth. Fold in 1/2 of the whipped topping.
- Line the bottom of a 9×13 inch dish with vanilla wafers. Arrange sliced bananas evenly over wafers. Spread with pudding mixture. Top with remaining whipped topping. Chill.
***NOW…make sure you beat that cream cheese UNTIL it’s fluffy. You do NOT want clumps!
***TIP–If you’re having a really hot day, why not cut up the bananas and freeze them before hand. THEN, when you’re making the dish, you have a frozen surprise at the bottom when your family digs in!
I may NOT be the MOST healthy family chef…I admit. SO, when I can find recipes that include dairy and other ingredients that are healthy for my kids…that they will ACTUALLY eat…I RUN at the opportunity to make it!
I hope you enjoy this recipe…enjoy the sunshine and outdoors…and celebrate National Dairy Month with Safeway!
You can see my shopping trip and cooking at my THISMOMENT.
This project has been compensated as part of the June Dairy Program for Safeway. All opinions are my own.