Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
If you’re an EXTREME couponer….I’m sure that you’re able to snag laundry detergent for cheap. BUT…if you’re like the rest of us, and don’t have the time to clip a bazillion coupons or coordinate with store sales and kid schedules…what do you do?? YOU make your OWN laundry detergent! Yes…YOU can do it. (my sister does it and FINALLY talked me into trying it.)
First…make a short shopping list and head over to Wal-mart (or your store of choice).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Baking Soda
- Super Washing Soda
- Fels-Naptha soap (or any bar of soap you like ie. Ivory)
1 cup of shredded soap (Fels-Naptha)2 cups of Borax1 cup of Washing Soda1 cup of Baking Soda
- Add 2 cups of Borax
- Add 1 cup of Washing Soda
- Add 1 cup of Baking Soda
- Stir and Stir. This is what your mixture will look like…
- 12 cups of Borax (4 lb box)
- 8 cups of WAshing Soda (55 oz box)
- 8 cups of Baking Soda (4 lb box)
- 8 cups of Fels-Naptha (4 bars of soap)