Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
Latest posts by CountingToTen (see all)
- Raising Money for Medical Bills – July 18, 2014
- The Ultimate Travel Tote with 5-hour ENERGY® Shots #ThisIsMySecret #shop #cbias – July 14, 2014
- How Sharing a Coke and a Wagon Help a Sick Kid #ShareItForward #shop #cbias – July 10, 2014
I am SO excited to be sharing the wonderful news with you….Smart & Final is celebrating their GRAND EVENT! We decided to celebrate with Smart & Final by making our favorite picnic dishes by using the many First Street Products and adding a few snacks.
To get started with our picnic celebration….I had to choose a few recipes. How does this Asparagus and Pastrami Pasta look?
To Make the Asparagus and Pastrami Pasta you’ll need:
Asparagus (1 lb)
Butter (4 tablespoons)
Olive Oil (2 tablespoons)
Green Onion (just one)
Pastrami (2-4 ounces–or just eye it!) (really, any Deli meat your family likes)
Heavy Whipping Cream (5 ounces)
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan Cheese (shredded) 1 pound
- Go ahead and start cooking your pasta in boiling water until al dente. (while the pasta is cooking…go on to the next step)
- Cut the asparagus spears into 1 inch pieces. Heat the butter and oil in a large frying pan, add the spring onion, and cook for TWO minutes to soften. Then, stir in the pastrami. Cook for an additional TWO minutes, add the asparagus and cook for FIVE more minutes (or until the asparagus is soft enough). Pour the cream in the pan and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Drain your pasta and transfer it to a serving bowl….NOW, pour the sauce (with the asparagus and pastrami) over the noodles. Toss it (or stir it very easy)….and add your parmesan cheese to melt throughout.IT is as yummy as it looks!
To make the Fruited Chicken Pasta Salad, you’ll need:Pasta (elbow noodles or spirals)Cooked chicken (8 ounces)First Street Mandarin Oranges (11 oz can)Grapes (about 6 ounces)Celery (1 stick)Ranch Salad Dressing (1/2 cup)Lettuce (4-5 iceberg lettuce leaves)Water Chestnuts (8 ounces…if desired)
- Cook pasta in a large pan of water until al dente. Drain well (rinse with cool water) and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked pasta, chopped chicken, oranges, grapes, and water chestnuts and celery.
- NOW….pour that ranch dressing all over the pasta and chicken and fruit. Toss lightly to coat (or just stir it very easy)
- Before serving, if necessary, stir in a little milk to moisten. It looks great served in lettuce cups!
ANYONE who purchases at least ONE participating First Street item at their local Smart & Final will receive a unique code on their receipt. They must then go to http://www.FirstStreetGrandEvent.com and enter their code to enter to win! Win what? How about…Smart & Final is giving away 10 $200 America Express gift checks, 10 $100 American Express Gift Checks and 20 First STreet Bags FILLED with First Street products!
This project has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for #collectivebias. All opinions and food are my own. AND…fyi, those are root beer bottles, not the REAL thing!