Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
Latest posts by CountingToTen (see all)
- Helping YOU #PlanAhead with Family Size Meals This Holiday #shop #cbias @Nestle – December 10, 2013
- #ad The Smurfs Movie Night Made Fun with #TastyTenders – December 9, 2013
- Why Kim and Kayne Chose ME to Help Raise Their Baby – December 4, 2013
As you know, my husband and I are working on our 28 day Vegan challenge using the Engine 2 Diet. WELL…I’ve been looking at recipes, working on my own, and here’s a new one that I LOVED (and…luckily, so did Joe!).
It’s TOTALLY vegan, vegetarian, or just yummy. Try it, even if you aren’t vegan or vegetarian….it’s a really healthy fun dish!
What you’ll need for the Fruity Rice Casserole is:
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 can pineapple chunks (and you’re using the juice too)
- 8 oz. tofu large diced (optional)
- 2 yams (peel and slice them)
- 2 carrots (or a handful of baby carrots), peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup of raisins
- 2 cups of DelMonte Peaches with cinnamon and brown sugar
- 1 apple (diced)
- sprinkle on cinnamon, salt, pepper (AND…pumpkin spice is yummy too!)
- 2 cups of water