Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
You may have a little residual snow at your house…maybe the sun hasn’t come out. BUT…it’s coming!! Before you know if…SUMMER will be upon us, and out come the swimsuits and flip flops!!!
Are you ready?
Here are Five EASY steps for having Summer Ready toes:
1. Do NOT spend all your money at the salon…with just a few tools, you can give yourself a pedicure. Be sure to soak your feet to ensure soft nails. Then, take the time to clean under the nails and clip them, the great thing is that you can pamper yourself in so many ways at home, you can even get some products from www.clearawayacne.com and take care of your skin.
2. Head out to Walgreens to pick out the BRIGHTEST Sally Hansen nail polish you can find. Pick your favorite colors or use a piece of clothing for an inspiration piece. (Here’s my shopping trip to Walgreens HERE)
(Here’s the cutest dress I have my eyes on for the summer!)
(and here are my “nails” getting their paint on!)
3. Now that you’re home with your bold polish…try a new technique when applying it! This season is all about color and color blocking. Use washi tape or scotch tape to help place your lines where you’d like them and get creative!
4. With all this work you’ve done to create a fabulous toe…be sure to cover your masterpiece with a strengthening top coat. This will not only give a finishing shine, but it will help to prevent chipping and help your work last as long as possible.
5. That’s it! Pull out your cutest summer outfit and flip flops or sandals and show off those toe nails!
Now…here are some tips I can share with you after my cute toe attempt:
- If you aren’t a patient person…buy the Insta Dri polish (gosh…I am NOT patient~)
- Use scotch tape, washi tape, even painters tape to make your bold blocks
- You will LOVE the Nail Art Pens (Just make sure you paint on top of DRY polish and use a finishing coat to seal it)
- If you have baby flimsy toes like I do…just buy nails (and..it was SO easy to paint the nails on the table and then just glue them on:) (wink wink)
- Be sure to use your Balance Rewards Card at Walgreens (rack up those points and get your rewards!)
- You can get inspiration and products for “Block n’ Roll” designs HERE or Block Art designs HERE.
Don’t miss out on the Sally Hansen sales at Walgreens this month:
$1 off Sally Hansen Tweezers and Clippers
○ (3/314/27) Sally Hansen Extreme and Salon Effects 2/$5 w/ 1,000 points
○ (3/314/27) Insta Gel Starter Kits $19.99
○ (3/314/27) Gel Salon Kits $59.99
More information on Sally Hansen nail products can also be found: