Sharing how we’re loving life and living it to the fullest!
Three boys, one dog, one chinchilla…Sometimes, you just have to STOP…and Count To Ten.
Latest posts by CountingToTen (see all)
- Can you Spare a little Andrew Jackson for Sick Kids? Project Pillow Pet in Full Effect – January 28, 2014
- Football Party Ideas Incorporating the KIDS #GameTimeGoodies #shop #cbias – January 23, 2014
- Date Night Gift Idea for the Man in Your Life #KYdatenight #ad #cbias – December 23, 2013
AHH…what a CRAZY summer! With all the preparation of getting kids ready for BACK to SCHOOL, my hubby traveling more often than usual, and overall mass chaos surrounding us….I thought it was time for a FORCED FAMILY FUN NIGHT!!
On a recent shopping trip to Walmart…I was inspired. With the start of football season, why not have a Fantasy Football Party to celebrate the start of football season (and school starting!!!). Not only were there SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis with NFL team logos on the wrappers, but…there was also this 2012 Fantasy Football Handbook.
That’s what I’m talking about (because I SURE don’t know all the stats on the players). AND…this will be my first year playing Fantasy football with the boys. My husband plays every year with work and does a “mini” version with our boys…but, this will be SO cool to do with them all this year!
In preparation for our little party, I decided to make a spread filled with all their favorite foods. Using the fancy SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis that can ONLY be found at Walmart, I was able to create a number of yummy desserts!
Vanilla Bean Cupcakes with SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis on top
- Just buy some ready made cupcakes at Walmart, and cut up your SNICKERS® Brand NFL minis to top them off
(oh yes…that’s how I roll)
But, I can also make a FEW other things:
Homemade Party Mix
- Chex mix (because I love it straight from the bag!)
- MORE pretzels
- chocolate covered pretzels
- yogurt covered raisins
- cereal (we used Lucky Charms)
- SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis (for that special treat to finish it off!)
WHAT?? Did you say that my cooking skills were sub-par?? Well, what about these brownies?
(yes, I did actually bake something)
- Just use ANY brownie mix
- The key is to cook it in a muffin sheet (this allows them to cook in only 15-17 mins)
- Once you put the batter in the tin, cut the SNICKERS® Brand NFL Minis in half and put them right on top (NO, they will not burn up).
- Cook them on 350 (and just watch them) Start checking them at about 13 mins.
and you know I had chips and salsa (but, it was from the jar, so no recipe there).
BUT…I did make the cutest football strawberries.
Chocolate Covered Strawberries (that look like little footballs)
Here’s how you do it:
- Wash your strawberries
- DRY those strawberries (that’s very important or the chocolate won’t stick)
- melt your chocolate pieces (they make a container with chocolate pieces already in it that you just microwave…i love it. no mess)
- Dip and lay them out on wax paper
- Decorate with white icing to make the “laces” (if you don’t have a decorating bag and tip…just put your icing in a ziploc bag and cut a tiny hole in one corner. When you squeeze the bag, the icing will come out slowly.)
Now…with the goodies on the table, we can start the great debate. Who’s team will conquer all?? (I can already hear them now!) My hubby loves the Steelers, Chris loves the Redskins, Eli loves the Titans. Me, hmmm…I don’t have a TRUE love like they do. I’m from NC, so I’m a little partial to the Panthers. With the help from my Fantasy Football Handbook, I think I”ll surprise my boys! (hopefully)
So…are you a football fan?? Who’s your favorite team?? AND…are you inspired to have a Fantasy Football Party with SNICKERS® Brand NFL minis?? (and yes, your kids WILL go through the bags and pull out their team)
I am a member of the Collective Bias™ Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias™ and #SnickersMinis #CBias All photos and opinions are my own.